Are you interested in serving as a public member on the governing committee of the Texas Automobile Insurance Plan Association (TAIPA)?
If you believe you may be interested, please read the following:
About TAIPA: TAIPA is a nonprofit corporation composed of all licensed insurance companies who sell automobile insurance in Texas. TAIPA is responsible for assigning eligible applicants to licensed insurance companies in order for the applicant to show proof of financial responsibility as required by the Texas Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act.
TAIPA Governing Committee: TAIPA is administered by a 15-member governing committee under its plan of operation. Five of these members are public members who are nominated by the Office of Public Insurance Counsel and selected by the Commissioner of Insurance.
TAIPA Public Members: Public members serve two-year terms. You may not serve as a public member if you, an individual related to you within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity, or an individual residing in the same household as you are:
- required to be registered or licensed under the Insurance Code;
- employed by or acts as a consultant to a person required to be registered or licensed under the Insurance Code;
- the owner of, or has a financial interest in, or participates in the management of an organization required to be registered or licensed under the Insurance Code;
- an officer, employer or consultant of an association in the field of insurance or;
- required to register as a lobbyist under Chapter 305 of the Government Code.
The Office of Public Insurance Counsel may also nominate, and the Commissioner of Insurance may appoint, up to three additional persons who meet these qualifications to act as alternates for public members.
Interested in Applying?:
If you are interested in applying to serve on the TAIPA Governing Committee as a public member, please click here for an TAIPA Application. Please send your completed application to David Nardecchia, Senior Specialist at the Office of Public Insurance Counsel, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax (512) 322-4148.
You can also apply directly to the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI). For information on applying directly with TDI click here, http://www.tdi.texas.gov/committee/gr/index.html.